Drought Injury Detection in Turfgrass
- Improve drought injury detection in turfgrass using aerial multispectral imagery
- Can multispectral cameras detect drought injury that can not be seen in the visible spectrum?
- Can we detect drought injured turfgrass earlier before the effects are seen in the visible spectrum?
- Develop pre-processing and machine learning pipeline for drought injury classification in turfgrass with multispectral images using Python and XGBoost
- Compare multispectral classification performance with RGB images to understand detection performance gain using all spectral bands
For a percent green calculator, I have written a script to process directories of lightbox images in Python for those who may not use ImageJ/Fiji regularly.